Events to Attend this Summer in Louisiana!
There are two BIG reasons why we love Louisiana: there’s always something to do and there’s always something to eat. No matter what time of the year it is, your adventures and experiences are endless. So what festivities are in store this summer for Louisiana?
In Louisiana, we don’t need any particular reason to celebrate. It’s just in our nature and culture to enjoy life.
- June 4-5: New Orleans Oyster Fest - New Orleans
- June 11-12: French Market Annual Creole Tomato Festival – New Orleans
- June 17-19: Louisiana Catfish Festival – Des Allemands
- June 17-19: 30th Annual Let the Good Times Roll Festival - Shreveport
- June 18&19: Louisiana Cajun-Zydeco Festival – New Orleans
- June 24&25: Louisiana Peach Festival – Downtown Ruston
- June 25&26: St. Tammany Crab Festival – Slidell
- June 26-28: Crabfest Lacombe – Lacombe
- June 30-July 3: Essence Music Festival – New Orleans
- July 2: Cajun Country Jam - Livingston
- July 4: Go 4th on the River – New Orleans
- July 9: 10th Annual Running of the Bulls – New Orleans
- July 14: Bastille Day Fete – New Orleans
- July 15&16: Cajun Music and Food Festival – Lake Charles
- July 19-24: Tales of the Cocktail – New Orleans
- July 28-31: Festigals - New Orleans
Check out more attractions Louisiana has to offer!
Welcome to the Big Easy! So you missed Mardi Gras this year, no biggie! Head on over to Mardi Gras World where Mardi Gras happens all year round. How about a little visit to our World War II Museum? Explore the city by sight-seeing and strolling through the Quarter or having a bite to eat at one of the many authentic restaurants. Visit the New Orleans Official Guide for more great things to do in New Orleans!
Calling Baton Rouge, Louisiana's capital city! Learn about the history and culture of our state at the Louisiana State Museum or visit the Louisiana Arts and Science Museum nearby. Ever seen a live tiger that wasn't part of a zoo? Head on over to the Louisiana State University(LSU)'s campus and visit their mascot, Mike the Tiger. Check out the shopping scene at the Mall of Louisiana or the Tanger Outlets(just a quick 20-minute-drive). For more fun things to do check out Visit Baton Rouge!
Welcome to Cajun Country! Come experience Louisiana's natural beauty by taking a swamp tour on the Atchafalaya Basin or Lake Martin, the Cypress Island Preserve. Do you enjoy hot sauce? We sure do! Tour the Tabasco Pepper sauce Factory and Jungle Gardens on Avery Island. Be sure to chow down at a crawfish farm or the Olde Tyme Grocery. Want more great ideas? Check out Lafayette Travel!
This southwest Louisiana city will make you feel at home with all of its variety of attractions. Enjoy live music by the pool at L'Auberge Casino Resort every Thursday or fill up on some Cajun cuisine at the many local restaurants. Take a tour of the USS Orleck or visit The Charpentier Historic District. Be sure to pick up some local produce at Charlestown Farmers Market! For a list of daily events, check out the Visit Lake Charles' website!
A large well-known brand of American business planted its legacy in Monroe and its neighbor, West Monroe. Coca-Cola opened its first bottling plant here. Head on over to the Biedenharn Musuem and Gardens and get refreshed on the history of Coca-Cola. Continue your journey on to Landry Vineyards for local wine tasting, live concerts, jambalaya and beautiful views! Discover more attractions on the Monroe - West Monroe website!
Our full service travel division is located in New Orleans, where we're passionate about eating great food and doing great work. We've got lots of opportunities for travelers (and locals) available, so reach out and let us help you find the right place for you.
Call Advantage Medical Professionals 504.456.0073